Genius Hour

Class 4EK is taking part in Genius Hour. If you are wondering what it is watch the video below.

The students in 4EK are given one hour of class time to research and investigate a topic that they like. But the topic that they investigate must follow the three rules

• There needs to be a question that they want to answer that can not be answered by Google.
  • They must do research on their topic
  • They need to share their findings with others.

Within 4EK some students are working individually and others are working in pairs. Some of the questions being investigated include:

• What is the impact of nuclear energy on humans?
  • Investigating how code works and creating own coding script using Java.
  • The process that chocolate goes through from the plant to the shops.
  • Is fruit healthy for you?
  • Tropical Diseases
  • Natural Disasters
  • Our Solar System
  • Different ways of producing art
  • What it takes to produce and write a song

These are just some of the topics that students within 4EK will be investigating

Keep an eye out in coming weeks to see what the students have discovered.

9 thoughts on “Genius Hour

1. Hi! My name is Jenny from SFBS. At school we’ve been doing genuis hour too! Me and my friend Paulina decided to do cooking. It’s really fun! I wonder what you’re doing.

2. Hi! My name is Sophia, and I’m from SFBS! We also do Genius Hour! I think it is a great idea to do Genius hour becuase you can be very creative!

3. I am really enjoying genius hour, it is so much fun! Ethan and I are working on gamma radiation and finding facts about how fast it can travel aswell as how much damage can it do to the human body. I am really looking forward to lots more genius hour.
    From Lucas

4. Hey guys! This is Dom from our class.

I really like doing Genius Hour because I get to study what I want to study on. So for my Genius Hour I picked Coding because I am really good at computers and in Minecraft, lots of coding is used so that is why I picked Coding.

It’s going to be tricky, but I have to use my time really well! πŸ™‚

-Dom

5. Genius hour is really cool! Sean and I are working on Why Fruit is Healthy? It is good how you can investigate interesting topics and work on them. It is good because you get to work on your project a lot. I recommend Genius Hour for everybody.
    From Joel

6. Hello 4EK,
    My name is Chloe from TLC 4b.

I am doing my 20% time on London and France.

I am using salt dough for some of my project .
    What are you guys doing for your 20% time?

From Chloe M πŸ™‚

7. I think Genius hour is a great thing to do! I am doing this with Hannah. We are going to make our own clay and compare it to bought clay from the shops. We are going to have so much fun doing this activity. Hannah said that we should try to have a go at making Wallace and Gromit! I don’t know how that’s going to turn out! πŸ˜€
    From Bridget
    πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

8. I really like Genuis Hour because you can learn new things.Joel and I are doing ours on Why fruits are so healthy? I am really looking forward to more of Gunis Hour.
    Sean,

9. Genius hour is so much fun! Catia and I are doing ours on instruments! It is awesome that we have a chance to make a project of our choice!
    From Amy! πŸ™‚