Class 4EK is taking part in Genius Hour. If you are wondering what it is watch the video below.
The students in 4EK are given one hour of class time to research and investigate a topic that they like. But the topic that they investigate must follow the three rules
- There needs to be a question that they want to answer that can not be answered by Google.
- They must do research on their topic
- They need to share their findings with others.
Within 4EK some students are working individually and others are working in pairs. Some of the questions being investigated include:
- What is the impact of nuclear energy on humans?
- Investigating how code works and creating own coding script using Java.
- The process that chocolate goes through from the plant to the shops.
- Is fruit healthy for you?
- Tropical Diseases
- Natural Disasters
- Our Solar System
- Different ways of producing art
- What it takes to produce and write a song
These are just some of the topics that students within 4EK will be investigating
Keep an eye out in coming weeks to see what the students have discovered.